Massage is a holistic therapy. It has effect on both body and mind. Massage increases the circulation of blood and flow of lymph. The direct mechanical effect of rhythmically applied manual pressure and movement used in massage can dramatically increase the rate of blood flow. Also, the stimulation of nerve receptors causes the blood vessels (by reflex action) to dilate, which also facilitates blood flow. This has a profound effect on one’s health.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduced muscle tension.
- Relieves of acute and chronic pain.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Induces better lymph movement.
- Results in increase mobility and range of motion of joints.
- Enhances skin condition.
What medical conditions can benefit from massage therapy?
- Chronic and acute pain.
- Headache, especially when due to muscle tension.
- Sports injuries.
- Circulatory problems.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disfunction.